Restoring Backups of SQL Server 2012 databases on SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2008 R2
Generating Scripts For SQL Server 2012 in compatibility mode for SQL Server 2008 R2
For taking backup:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Go to specific database whose backup is to be taken
- Right Click, Go to "Tasks" >> "Generate Scripts"
- In "Set Scripting Options", click on "Advanced"
- Select "Script For Server Version" as "SQL Server 2008 R2"
- Select "Types Of Data To Script" as "Schema And Data"
- Generate Scripts
- Login to your database on server using the SQL Server Management Studio
- Click on New Query
- Run the script from there, It will restore data with schema on SQL Server 2008 R2