This article explains the procedure to link your domain name with your blogger website.
To connect your custom domain name with your blog, you must have:
Registered Domain Name
If you do not have a registered domain name then visit this link to check domain availability and price:
To place your order kindly add to cart and fill the billing info.
DNS Management ServicesDNS management is a service, which allows domain owners to manage their DNS records.It establishes the correspondence between your domain name and the IP address on which your website is accessible on the Internet.
If you did not purchase DNS management services with domain registration then you can place the order from your client area now.
Don't know how to order DNS management services? Click here.
Existing blog on blogger.com
Click here to login to your blogger website management portal.
Link your custom Domain with blogger website
1. Adding Custom Domain:
- Click on settings from the Main Menu of your blog.
- Scroll down and Click on Custom Domain under publishing from right panel.
- Enter your domain name starting with www.
- When you will click save, an error message will appear.
2. Adding DNS records:
To verify your domain authority, you need to enter the CNAME records, which are mentioned in the error message and A records into the domain DNS. To manage your domain's DNS:
- Login to Hostbreak client area and click on domains.
- From the drop down menu select My Domains.
- Click on 3-dots in front of respective domain and select “Manage domain”
- On the next page click on DNS Management from the left panel.
2.1. CNAME Records:
- Select CNAME record from the drop down menu of record type.
- Enter the Name and address values in the respective fields.
- Save these changes.
- Enter the second CNAME by following the same procedure.
2.2. A records
Add four A-records which point to Google IPs.
Go back to your blogger page and click on Save again
NOTE: DNS Setting take 24-48 hours to propagate so try again later after some time if you are still facing the issue in saving the domain.