Gmailify enables you to get emails on Gmail without using @gmail.com address. It uses POP3 to pull all the contents of an email box into Gmail and then parses the emails for spam. Mail Fetcher can download messages from up to five other email accounts, allowing you to centralize all your emails in Gmail.
Gmailify formerly known as Google Mail Fetcher, is free and easy to set up. Google will check those accounts on a regular basis, and new mail will appear automatically in Gmail.
How to Set Up Gmailify
To set up Gmailify for an email account:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab and locate the Check email from other accounts (using POP3).
- Click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter the full email address of the account from which you'd like mail fetched.
- Click Next Step.
- On the next page.
- Edit your username to be the full e-mail address.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the email address you provided.
- In the POP Server field, enter either mail.example.com, or your server name.
- Keep Port 110 for a POP3 connection. If you have an SSL, use Port 995 for a secure connection.
- Enter the password for the email address on the server.
- Click the checkboxes next to the options that best suit your needs:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server: This setting leaves a copy of email Google retrieves on your server. It is only recommended for advanced users as it requires maintenance of the email account on your server to remove old email.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail: This setting is not recommended unless you have an SSL installed for your domain. If you select this option, you will need to use port 995.
- Label incoming messages: This setting labels mail that Google fetches with the email address, it is fetched from and is recommended for most users.
- Archive incoming messages: This causes email that Google fetches to skip your inbox, which may cause you to miss the email. It is only recommended for advanced users.
After successfully adding your account, you may select No (you can change this later) and click the Finish button at this time, or select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as [email protected] and click the Next Step button for further configuration. This will allow you to compose messages in Gmail but have them appear to be sent from your added email account.
If you selected Yes, I want to be able to send mail as [email protected] the following instructions will assist with the additional configuration:
- On the new page enter the following information:
- Name: The name you wish to display in the messages you send.
- Treat as an alias: It is recommended that this box is checked for the most common preference. Click the Learn more link next to this option if you would like more information about this decision.
- SMTP Server: Change the server to mail.example.com and use Port: 587.
- Username: Edit the username to be the full email address.
- Password: Enter the password for the email address on the server.
- Leave Secured connection using TLS (recommended) selected
Once your credentials are confirmed your e-mail address will be sent a verification message. You can locate it and simply click the link included in the message.
If you aren't able to access the link, please log in to your Gmail account and click Settings at the top of any page. Open the Accounts tab and locate the email address you'd like to add in the Send mail as: section. Then, click Verify and enter the confirmation code from your email.
Once verified you can choose which e-mail address you send from when you compose a new message from your Google Inbox via a dropdown in the To: field.