Windows Reseller Transfer - Migration Guide
Welcome to HostBreak.com! We are glad you joined our happy customers family, thank you.
Getting started with your reseller web hosting account is not complicated. The first step is determine what you need to do.
- Do you already have a web site (or more than one) or are you starting from scratch? If you're starting from scratch, go to step 1 below.
- Do you need to transfer your web site(s) from a previous host? If so, please go directly to step 2 below.
Step 1: Change Your DNS
In order to get your web site working, you must change your name servers. This is an easy, but necessary step you must follow to get started.
- If you registered your domain name with HostBreak during sign-up, we have taken care of this step for you.
- If you have registered your domain name with another company (e.g. GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc.), you must login to their control panel to update the DNS. Or you may send us login/password and we will take care of this for you.
- Once your DNS changes have been made, it takes roughly 24-48 hours for your web site to start resolving to HostBreak's servers. To avoid downtime during the move, please read our switching host without downtime guide. If it takes longer than two days for your web site to start working, please contact our support team.
- FTP to your accounts individually and download all files to your local folder. Create a separate folder for each account.
- Once each account files downloaded create a single ZIP file for each account's files.
- Login to hosting control panel at your old (current) hosting provider and navigate to backup option. If your old provider is using PLESK then see database backup instructions here. Take backup of each database and download to your local computer.
- Once backups downloaded create a ZIP file for each database.
- During account setup you will setup FTP login name and password. Take a note of each FTP login & password since you will need this information in the next step.
- FTP to any one of your newly created accounts and upload ALL ZIP FILES created in step 2a & 2c to /httpdocs folder
- Login to old hosting control panel and get a list of all email accounts ideally with their current passwords.
- Create these email accounts in your new hosting control panel
- E-mail support [at] hostbreak.com with the subject line: Site Migration: yourmaindomainhere.com. You will be assigned a ticket ID for identification purposes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from our site migration engineers letting you know that the restoration of the accounts has been completed. The ticket will then be closed as the process has been completed.